Most of us have struggled with relationships and communication at some point. Few of us are formally taught how to create rewarding relationships in which we may lovingly and effectively communicate how we feel. When people come together to form a relationship, their personal cultures must merge, and sometimes it isn't an easy transition. Whether you are straight or gay, polyamorous or monogamous, are dating, engaged or married, you and your partner may be facing problems for which there are simple solutions. In my work with couples I use Imago Therapy techniques as well as CBT, and when appropriate, I also draw upon the principles that I learned while studying to become a Board Certified Clinical Sexologist.
- Would you like to experience more love, intimacy, or connectedness with your partner?
- Is your personal history getting in the way of your connection?
- Do you wish your sex life was more enjoyable?
- Do you fight frequently, with little progress being made?
- Do you have trouble finding the right words to effectively communicate your thoughts?
- Has your relationship been hurt by infidelity?
- Do you and your partner have differing views on important subjects such as money, child rearing or work-life balance?
- Are family members a source of angst?
Your relationship may be one of the many that can be saved with the proper guidance! If your conflicts cannot be reconciled, therapy can assist you in leaving the relationship on good terms, allowing you to proceed with a healthier and more confident outlook.